We look forward to exceeding your expectations.
Dr Anoop Mohan Nair keeps saying “Surgery is the always last option, and the decision to operate is always made after a lot of thought”. Non surgical and reconditioning and rehabilitative treatments are also his areas of expertise.
With over 10 years of experience in orthopedic related sports injuries such as Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) repair, Meniscus repair, Shoulder injuries, ruptures of the rotator shoulder cuff and replacement surgeries such as knee and hip replacement, and training from India and abroad Dr Nair is the surgeon who will give you results. And now he is available in Ranchi full time.
Listed below are some of the surgery procedures that Dr. Anoop Mohan Nair specializes in.
- Arthroscopy (Keyhole Surgery)
- Knee and Hip Shoulder and Elbow Replacement (Arthroplasty)
- Microdiscectomy/small incision Spine Surgery
- Removal of Lump
Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive that is commonly used for knee, elbow, shoulder and ankle surgeries. Arthroscopy surgery makes small incisions which reduce recovery time, allowing patients to recover faster. The success rate is also higher due to lesser trauma to surrounding tissues.
Knee replacement or knee arthroplasty is a procedure where the diseased parts of the joint are replaced by artificial ones called the prostheses. After prolonged wear and tear, knees can get worn out and that will cause pain and swelling. Knee arthroplasty helps to relieve pain and swelling and allow patients to enjoy activities that they previously were unable to
Microdiscectomy spine surgery is done to remove a small portion of bone pressing onto the nerve root to relieve neural impingement and allow space for the nerve to heal. Neural impingement causes patients to suffer from leg pain. Most patients are able to enjoy an immediate relief of leg pain when they wake up after surgery.
Removal of lump or biopsy is done to remove tissues from a certain part of the body of the area of concern. The removed tissue will then be sent for diagnosis and examined. Biopsy can be done in a few ways and one of the most common would be scraping. The skin at the area of concern will be scraped and samples can be obtained.
Shoulder Disorders & Treatment
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder)
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Broken Collarbone
- Shoulder Instability
- Labral Injury
Joints are highly complex structures and need specialized management
- A detailed and accurate assessment of the bones and joints
- Finding and customising the implant so that it suits your age, physical activity and lifestyle
- Deciding on the surgical approach which will yield the best results
- Devising the right post-surgical physiotherapy regime
Dr Anoop Mohan Nair
- MBBS, MS(Orthopedics) ,MRCS(Glasgow), FAPOA(Singapore)
- Fellowship trained in Joint Surgeries of Hip ,Knee and Shoulder
- More than 10yrs experience in replacement and arthroscopic procedures
- Member RCS(Scotland)